Going to Work Doesn’t Have to Be a Struggle
Discover the Joy, Excitement, and Fulfillment of Finding Your Calling and Contributing Your Greatest Gifts to the World
I know from personal experience how hard it is to find your calling.
I tried out 10 jobs in my first 10 years of employment, working as a cashier, baker, tenant organizer, program manager, international volunteer, senior associate for investor relations, office manager, receptionist, community manager, and director of operations. I even got an MBA.
I also felt frustrated, undervalued, anxious, exhausted, and depressed for most of that time.
Then, when I was 25, I had a spiritual breakdown. It took a lot of misery, sleepless nights, and panic attacks for me to admit that maybe the way I was doing things wasn’t working for me anymore. I finally became willing to seek help.
What I learned from my breakdown and subsequent breakthrough is that the key to finding more joy and fulfillment in our work is to stop following our fear and start listening in to what we want to create, and to what the world is calling for from us.
Once I learned how to do this, I discovered my call to learn, coach, teach, and write, and I began to feel like I’d finally come home after a long, arduous journey.
Finding my calling didn’t make all my problems go away. But I did discover that when we learn how to hear what the world is calling for from us, powerful things happen:
- We find work that fits with our values, engages our strengths, and lights up our passions.
- We feel valued, energized, peaceful, and powerful.
- We’re satisfied knowing that we’re working towards something meaningful to us, and beneficial to the world.
Individual support for your unique goals and needs
What I love about one-on-one coaching is that it’s not just about finding the perfect job. Yes, I guide my clients through the 5-step process of finding your calling. And yes, they get clearer on what’s most important to them, what work they want to do in the world, and how they’re going to transition into that.
But because of the individualized nature of these programs, by the time we finish, many of my one-on-one clients find that having made a career change is just icing on the cake. In addition, they find that they:
- Have a stronger sense of purpose and know how to identify the path that’s right for them in any situation.
- See positive changes in their relationships, energy level, mood, work/life balance, and many other areas of their lives.
- Develop their superpowers: the strengths and gifts they have to offer the world, and the skills that will help them navigate sticky situations in the future with greater ease.
- Know themselves better and are able to get themselves unstuck after our work together.
- Are more able to accept things as they are and find themselves feeling more content regardless of where they are in the process.
- Feel more confident, joyful, powerful, and fully themselves.
- Make changes that they previously didn’t think possible.
Now I have my small video editing business up and running, I have clients, I am loving my work, I am finding time to exercise, make dinner, spend quality time with my family, see friends … and most importantly, I am HAPPY!
—Rachel Benson, Coaching Client
I’m very selective about who I work with, because I only want to coach people who are a good match for the program and who are committed to doing whatever it takes to get the full, transformative benefit that coaching can provide.
How to know if these programs are for you
I’ve learned over the years that the One-on-One Platinum Coaching Programs aren’t for everyone.
Individual coaching requires a significant investment of time and energy for both of us. It’s important to me to work with folks who are going to benefit from my approach and experience the full, transformative benefit that coaching can provide so that both of us are making the most of our resources.
You’re likely a good fit if:
- You long to enjoy your work, be more creative, and make a positive difference in the world.
- You have a sense that you’re meant to do something more than what you are now, perhaps even something important, but you worry you don’t have the right skills, can’t make enough money, or won’t succeed at anything else.
- The stress, anxiety, and exhaustion you feel are starting to affect your relationships, the people you love, your sleep, or your health.
- You want to stop worrying, spinning your mental wheels, and getting stuck in doubt and second-guessing.
- You crave more confidence in your abilities and the certainty that you have something unique and valuable to offer the world.
- You want to learn how to access your inner wisdom so that you can make wise decisions rather than following your fear (and you’d love some more tools for working with fear so it doesn’t keep you from your calling).
- You’re excited to learn new things and discover more about yourself so that you can forge your own unique path and make a change you won’t regret.
- You’re committed to investing the time and energy necessary to develop new skills so you can get yourself unstuck now and in the future.
- You’re ready to feel more empowered and like you’re working on what really matters.
These programs are likely not for you if:
- You need a new job immediately (ie, you don’t have time to do any introspection or exploration).
- You believe that finding the perfect job is enough to make all your problems go away.
- You want someone else to tell you what you should do.
- You believe that what you accomplish is more important than how you accomplish it.
- You don’t enjoy growing, developing, and learning new things.
- You’re not willing to get out of your comfort zone.
- You simply want a better cover letter or resume. If this is what you’re looking for, or you want additional help with your job search, I highly recommend Lynda Spiegel of Rising Star Resumes.
Working with Meredith gave me two great gifts: the ability to identify things I want to achieve, and the plan, the tools and the confidence to achieve them. I couldn’t have asked for more!
—Hank Willson, Coaching Client
Without Meredith’s incredible guidance and expertise over the course of our work together, I would be stuck in an emotional rut, and wouldn’t have made some huge life changes that have shaped a new and exciting future for my family. I am extremely grateful for the time we spent working together, and I continue to use the tools I learned from working with her each and every day.
The problem isn’t you
I run into too many people who blame themselves for not having yet found work that fulfills them.
They think there’s something wrong with them, that they’re behind the curve, or that they must have made some huge mistake if they still aren’t doing what they love.
If you feel this way too, then here’s what I want to say to you:
Don’t believe everything you think.
Most of the world still doesn’t know what its calling is (and for those of us who have some ideas, I promise you that we’re still in the process of figuring it out).
We’re taught many things in school about how to memorize, obey, and succeed by someone else’s standards. But we’re taught next to nothing about how to recognize what’s most meaningful to us. And it’s not obvious.
So most of us end up taking the first thing that comes our way. Or we pursue what our friends and family think we should.
Almost always we go after what our fear tells us we need: stability, safety, money, power, fame, status, etc.
This is what we’re encouraged to do.
But following our fear, our ego, or our automatic habits will never make us happy. True fulfillment comes from listening to our soul, our inner wisdom, and what the world is calling for from us.
This is the territory where three key things overlap:
- What makes us come alive, our joy, and our passion
- Our innate strengths and gifts
- What the world needs from us
Our calling is usually in the sweet spot where these three areas—passion, power, and purpose—overlap.
Once we know this, once we learn how to tap into our inner wisdom, and once we recognize all our doubts and worries for what they are (unimportant), finding and doing meaningful work you love becomes much more possible.
In fact, it becomes rather inevitable.
Thanks to Meredith I have rediscovered my hobbies and interests, developed lifelong goals that I am excited about, and have learned to be present where I see beauty in places I have never noticed before. I highly recommend Meredith. Her energy alone will change your life!
—Dave Coleman, Coaching Client
Why one-on-one coaching?
One-on-one coaching requires a lot of time and energy, but I offer it to a limited number of people because it’s one of the most powerful ways I’ve found to help people be able to create the life they want to live.
There’s something about having the loving support of another person who gets you, sees the best in you, offers an outside perspective, and challenges you at just the right times.
It can open up new possibilities and enable you to do things you didn’t know you could.
I know from personal experience: I’ve been stuck in major ways several times in my life, and working with someone else who took the time to understand my unique desires and challenges was key to finding my way to something better.
I love the deep dives, the heartfelt connections, and the transformative changes that one-on-one coaching makes possible.
I went in knowing that I needed to change, and came away with new level of self awareness and a set of skills to continue the work that we had done together. Working with Meredith is one of the best decisions I have ever made.
—Anne Kitzmiller, Coaching Client
About the programs
In the One-on-One Platinum Coaching Programs, you will:
- Identify your superpowers (the most powerful strengths and gifts you have to offer the world), your passion, and your purpose.
- Clarify the nature of your calling and what type of work will fulfill you.
- Identify specific jobs or occupations that can give you what you’re looking for.
- Create a roadmap for how to transition into your calling.
- Get help finding creative ways around the challenges you’re facing.
- Discover tools to help you recognize your inner guidance so that you can make wise decisions in all areas more confidently.
- Develop new ways to work through fear.
- Discover the key to doing things you may not have been able to in the past.
In addition, these programs also include:
- An Enneagram personality assessment and analysis.
- A personalized strategic plan for finding your calling based on your unique situation, goals, and needs.
- Bimonthly one-on-one sessions.
- A customized program of clear and powerful action steps that help you develop new skills and make daily progress towards your goals.
- Phone and email support in between sessions as needed.
- Access to Passion Quest: 5 Steps to Find Your Calling in a Fear-Based World, a 7-week online program.
- A deep discount on the Pathfinders Group Coaching program should you want to connect with a community of peers who are also looking for meaningful work
I offer a 6-month Clarity Breakthrough Platinum Coaching Program and a 12-month Actualize Your Calling Platinum Coaching Program.
To find out more about them, click here to apply for a no-obligation, complimentary Clarity Call so we can talk about your goals and challenges, discuss the details of the programs, and explore whether or not Platinum Coaching is a fit for you.
Now, I have the right job for me in the right environment and I’m no longer stumbling around in the wilderness. So, if you are at a point in your life where you are stumbling around and are not sure what to do, I highly recommend that you hire Meredith to help you find a new path because life is too short for you to be depressed with your job and life.
—Lisa Adams, Coaching Client
Apply for a Risk-Free Call
The one-on-one Platinum Coaching Programs are high-end programs. They require a significant investment of time, energy, and money in your own well-being and happiness as well as a strong commitment to making a change.
We’ll talk about the amount of the investment in the Clarity Call. It’s definitely significant, but there are discounts for committing to a longer program, and the fees can be paid monthly.
If you’re not sure you can afford it, please go ahead and schedule a Clarity Call so we can talk about it. Too often money can become an excuse to avoid taking action that feels risky or unknown.
There’s no cost for the Clarity Call itself, and no obligation to buy anything. It’s simply a chance to talk about your goals and challenges, discuss the details of the programs, and explore whether or not Platinum Coaching is a fit for you.
If money is tight for you right now, you may want to consider my group coaching program, which requires a much smaller financial investment. Click here to read more about Pathfinders Group Coaching.
I have struggled for years with trying to get the infamous ‘work-life balance’, gain satisfaction in my career, and overall lead a happy and contented life. I thought this was a lot to ask for and that I might get one out of three. Working with Meredith made me see that these were reasonable and attainable goals and that with the right tools, I could make it happen. And with her help, insight, coaching and counseling, I have.The beauty of Meredith’s coaching and career counseling is that is designed around you and your needs and wants. She is insightful, patient, calming, motivational, and inspirational. She has been a great help to me and I highly recommend her for anyone who wants to get more out of their life and careers.
Meredith Walters is an International Coaching Federation (ICF) certified coach with a Masters in Business Administration from USF. In addition to one-on-one coaching, she also leads workshops for organizations such as Emory University and the U.S. Peace Corps. Her writing has appeared on Tiny Buddha, elephant journal, and more. She’s a former board member of the Georgia chapter of ICF and has served as an adjunct faculty member at New Ventures West coaching school in San Francisco.